To cultivate and develop the five cardinal virtues which constitute the bedrock of spirituality.
1. Ahimsa or Non-injury to all living creatures, and more so to fellow beings, by thoughts, words and deeds the injunction in this behalf being: Injure not a human heart for it is the seat of God. We must have respect for others feelings and tolerance for others opinions.
2. Satayam or Truthfulness: As God is Truth, we must practice Truth in all our dealings. If Truth resides in every heart, it must manifest itself in life and action. Be true to thyself and it must follow as night the day, thou canst not be false to any man. We must therefore avoid falsehood at all costs. It includes, besides downright lies, hypocrisy and dishonesty, suppresso veri [suppression of truth], and suggestio falsi [suggestions of false ideas].
3. Brahmcharya or life of Chastity: It includes continence in thoughts, words and deed-houghts within, for Chastity is life and sexuality is death. If we want to tread the Path of Life Eternal, we must be chaste and clean both within and without.
4. Prem or love for all living creatures and more so for all human beings. Let there be hatred for none. The entire manifestation is the handiwork of God and must therefore be loved and respected. He who does not know love, cannot know God.
5. Nishkam Seva or Selfless Service to all living creatures in sorrow and distress. If one limb of the body is in torture, the other limbs can have no rest. Service before self should therefore be our motto in life.
If we are conscious
That God is everywhere
How can we hurt other people?
As in all people
This power is there too
We can only hide us from Him
When we are unconscious
When we ignore, hide Him in us
When we deceive ourselves
Play a game or make a show
So let us become conscious
Knowing that we are all one
That He is the One in all of us
Let us treat therefore with respect, love
As this is love and respect to God
From good thoughts
Good words and deeds will follow
On the foundation of honesty
Which is honesty towards God and Oneness
A tool to clean our impure mind…
Don’t we breathe the same air
Under same sunshine?
Don’t we come and go
The same way
Birth and death?
We may speak a different language
May have different skin colour
May belong to different countries
To different religions, creeds
However, we should not build fenses
That separates us
From human being to human being
We all are humans
Under the same sky
Living on the same planet
So let us treat each other as humans
And not as aliens
When do we learn this lesson?…